Privacy has always been an integral part of NineAnimator. The developers of NineAnimator strive to keep the users secure and private. Therefore, we established the following principles:
- We are thoughtful about what personal information we collect.
- We do not keep your personal information if it's not essential.
- We do our best to keep your personal information private and secure.
- We help you avoid websites from tracking you.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our mobile applications (including the NineAnimator mobile app);
- Our desktop applications (including the NineAnimator desktop app);
- Our websites (including nineanimator.marcuszhou.com, nineanimator-api.marcuszhou.com);
- Our cloud services (including the NineAnimatorCloud service).
Creative Commons Sharealike License
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. Keep in mind that we do not upload the logs generated locally from your devices onto our servers.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the session count and demographic distributions of our Cast feature. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information -- for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent--for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you from within the app. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like the listing websites we use to provide detailed information for an anime), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the developers, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the anime tracking services that you connected our Services to.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a Discord or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Your public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the server logs that record information about the usage of our Services, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days.
We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our Services and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our Services.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
How to Reach Us
- July 2, 2020: Updated section Who We Are and What This Policy Covers to include our latest services and applications.